It’s been a busy week and I haven’t been able to post much. But here is my weekly reliability check-in.
1. Get rid of Muffy, my muffin top: I’m waiting for spring. Or just extra motivation. Probably the motivation thing. I’ll get there. One thing at a time.
2. Run Several Races: The Hot Chocolate Run is this coming weekend. Woohoo! My sister did this for the first time in her town this weekend and loved it. It’s a favorite, that’s for sure!
3. Sell something: Nothing yet
4. Buy a House. This is the biggest news of the week. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE. We seriously BOUGHT A HOUSE. I’m going to tell the entire story soon, but let me just say when I added this to my list of goals for 2018, I had no idea we would be putting an offer in on January 5th and then would be closing a month later. There’s some saying about writing down goals and they are more likely to happen. I have to say, it worked!
5. Get rid of 200 Things: Well, now that we are actually moving this goal will be a priority! I fell a little bit overwhelmed looking at all our “stuff.”
Thus far I’ve gotten rid of 172 things. I got rid of a stack of 20 magazines this week. That brings me down to 152 more.
6. Laugh a lot: I’m not going to lie, this month has been filled with a lot of stress. I’m looking forward to moving, getting settled and laughing a lot more.
7. Re-read all of my Nancy Drew books: I didn’t do any reading this week. I’m currently still on #11.
8. Go to the temple each month (or at least 12 times.):
February- not yet
9. Keep grocery bill as low as possible. This is going to be an expensive month. Instead of fighting it, I’m just going to do the best I can. Moving always costs money. Instead of moving food, it’s best to just eat what you have- however that drains your stockpile that just have to replace. It’s just going to be that way this month. I’m ok with it.
10. Save any free, non-perishable item: I was hoping to score a free pen at the house closing office but I didn’t see any I could easily grab. I’m not quite a slick-fingered chick.
11. Do a different 30-day challenge each month.
January- Clear off kitchen counters each night- I did really well
February- Wear lipstick every day. I’m only mildly doing well. I just keep forgetting.
I happened to be in Ulta and found this red sheer gloss. For $.47 I thought I’d give it a try. It’s the one in the right picture. Very subtle. I liked it.
And those are my updates for the week. We are moving slowly and that just means we are trying to kill ourselves every day instead of all at once. I’m not sure if that’s the best plan, but for right now it’s what is happening.
Now to go pack another box. Have a great week!