It’s hard to believe that another year has past. In some ways I think, “Yikes! Another year has past and I was so lazy last year!” But I’m trying to focus on the future and the good things that come from change and resolutions. Last year I honestly just didn’t do many of my goals. (See my original list here, and then the change in September here.) I could give you a million excuses but basically I just didn’t have the motivation to do them. And that’s ok. That’s what New Year’s is all about. Out with the old and in with the new.
Maybe 2018 will be my big year of change! Fingers crossed!
I’ve been thinking about these goals for several months now. I’ve kept a google doc of them and change/refer back to them often. I think I’m settled.
- Get rid of Muffy, my muffin top. Sorry, I’m not secure enough to show you a picture. Oh the days I used to work out daily. I miss those. So does my waist-line. While a bit cliche- this is one of my top goals this year!
- Run several races. In 2016 I ran like 10 races or something. Since then? Hardly anything. Oh, I miss that! My goal is to get back into them this year. I really enjoy the atmosphere and camaraderie of races. I didn’t set a limit on how many I’ll do because it depends on availability, if I’m in town, etc, etc, etc.
- Sell something. I’ve always wanted to sell something. I don’t know what yet, but I’ll let you know when I do. I have a few ideas formulating in my head.
- Buy a HOUSE. Ahhhh! This is our family’s number ONE goal. We have been renting forever and we are so ready to move on. We are ready to get our own place, paint the walls and really personalize the place. This will be our main focus until it happens.
- Get rid of 200 things. I always say this and every year I get rid of more than 200 things. How do things keep accumulating?? I don’t know. My ultra-minimalist husband wants to move as little as possible, so that means I’ve got to get myself in gear and get rid of them ahead of time.
- Laugh a LOT. I’ll admit, I don’t know if 2017 had a lot of laughs. I mean, of course I laughed, but I want to focus on that this year. To find the humor in daily life. My goal is to post these funny moments on Instagram. You can also search them via the hashtag #somewhatplannedfunnymoments.
- Re-read all my Nancy Drew books. Did you know I was a Nancy Drew fan? When I was younger this was my collection. I would walk into antique stores and could spot a yellow-spined mystery a mile away. I was able to get most of them before the internet took off. I bought the last 5 or so via ebay when it first started.Now I proudly display them in my living room as “art.” People always ask which one is my favorite and I always tell them I can’t remember any of them! Hopefully by the end of the year I’ll be able to answer that question.
- Go to the temple each month (or at least 12 times.) I’ve been really bad about visiting that holy place and I want to kick things up a notch. Now that all the kids are in school, it’s a lot easier (since I can go during the day.) It’ll still take a little effort to make this happen but it’s worth it.
- Keep grocery bill as low as possible. This will be a life-long goal for me. But when your kids only eat 3 things, why is the grocery bill always so high???
- Save any free, non-perishable item. I’ll admit, I got this idea from Mavis at onehundreddollarsamonth. Her mom gives her a box of the free items she’s gotten each year for Christmas. I think its hilarious. I don’t know what I’ll do with it. Maybe I’ll host a blog giveaway!? That would be fun!
- Do a different 30 day challenge each month. I don’t have set challenges yet, that’s the beauty of it, it’ll change monthly. I recently read an article about this (I can’t remember where I read it now) and it’s been sitting with me ever since. So I decided to try it out.
So that’s it (for now.) Eleven goals for 2018. Although, I should make my number one goal be CONSISTENCY. I’m so bad at that. But it’s a new year and anything can happen!
What are your goals???